Places to absolutely visit in the city of Lyon
Lyon is a city rich in history and full of remarkable architectural monuments. 500 hectares of the city centre are listed as UNESCO World Heritage sites, where you will find places to do not miss during your trip in Lyon, such as :
- The Basilica of Notre Dame de Fourvière
- The Roman theatres of Fourvière
- The Saint Jean Cathedral
- The Célestins’ theatre
- The Opera
- The City Hall
- The “traboules” (typically Lyonnais passages)
- The Croix Rousse neighbourhood
- The Confluences Museum
The events to do not miss in Lyon
Lyon is a city rich in festivals all along the year. Enjoy the numerous cultural events as the Festival of Lights, the Biennial of Contemporary Art, the Biennial of Dance, the Fourvière Nights and Nuits Sonores festivals, the international festival of Quai du Polar… attracting millions of visitors each year.
And also: Discover Lyon through thematic itineraries and practical circuits on the blog « visiter Lyon »
Take the most of the advantages offered by the city, and visit Lyon with the City Card
For your trip in Lyon, choose the City Card for 1, 2 or 3 days. It provides you numerous advantages:
- To move around the city with an unlimited access to the public transports
- To have a free access to all the museums and to visit the temporary current exhibitions
- To enjoy the many guided tours offered to visit Lyon …etc.
The City Card provides you 31 free admissions and 13 discounts on cultural and touristic activities, including Mini World Lyon!